The 1st Kurri Kurri Guide Company was registered on 29th March 1950. Kurri Kurri Guide Hut was officially opened on 1st August 1970 by New South Wales State Commissioner, Lady Wynham. Plaques were unveiled at the time telling of the help given by the Kurri Kurri Apex Club and State Coal Board. In 1968 the Stanford Merthyr School of Arts was transported to this site to become the guide hut.
This mural depicts guiding at that time when bell tents, cookhouse shelters and campfires were features of regular campouts - with many aspects remaining unchanged to this day.
Last Updated:
Themes: